Newsletter

Join to my newsletter and receive a free ebook. Subscribe now!

What`s on my desk today

9/29/12

A few days ago I came across with the incredible artist Peter Mitchev.




His work came to me through Sharon Tomlinson`s A Diary of Faces class (wich indeed is a great class!).
I inmediatly fall in love with his work, I adore the intimacy of his characters, they really talk to me.
So I was inspired and started what`s on my desk today♥


My first step was the background, I choose three different cloths with different patterns and glue them to my canvas. I really like to paint over cheap cotton cloth, paint works great there.
I apply a soft layer of gesso to soften the pattern of the cloth and started working on the characters.



I was inspired to paint a maternity but I think the right side face must have been smaller to really look like a child...


For the blanket that covers the characters I used pieces of scrap papers and paint the joints with acrylic.


Then I added acrylics to the background to disguise the cloth.
It isn`t finished yet but I`m pretty happy with how`s working :)

a reminder...
The Seed of Life free class starts next 8th of October so you`re all invited to sign in
In the meantime you can find some Mandala templates and inspiration here, and listen to a taster of my music here


xox
♥ Guada ♥


7 comments

  1. HI Guada, This looks amazing, really love it, I am also doing Sharons Course and absolutely loving it. I want to ask you what you use to glue down the fabric you use in the background, so want to try it, Also do you use paper or thick board or wood as the substrate.? Hope you dont mind all the questions. Looking forward to next week and the mandala course.

    Hugs, Heather Basson, Cape Town South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! I`m glad you like my work :)
      As substrate I`m ussing a canvas and to glue the fabric I used the product we use to glue the wallpaper (hope you get the idea, I have no idea how you call it in english). That glue works perfect for large pieces of fabric.
      Hope that helps. Love♥

      Delete
    2. Hi Guada, thank you so much for sharing . We have wall paper glue here in South Africa which is like a powder in a packet which you have to mix with water to make the glue. I will give it a try. Happy painting and keep the creative juices flowing . Hugs Heather.

      Delete
  2. Hi Guada, just a quick note , you should have a look at the art of Faiza Maghni , I am sure you will enjoy it, Google , Faiza Maghni and click on images. The work is amazing. Enjoy. Hugs, Heather, South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! I loooove it♥ thank you so much for the tip. So so inspiring :) Thanks for sharing

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Guada's art place / Maira Gall.