Newsletter

Join to my newsletter and receive a free ebook. Subscribe now!

the story behind the spider

9/12/13



Some years ago when I quit my hospital job my life changed in ways I´ve never dreamed …or yes I dream it and it became truth.



Had spent more or less six months since I quit and that morning I woke up with something between my eyes, something that itches a bit.


I started my day as always but in the afternoon the itch started to bother more and more, and my forehead started to swell so I went to a mirror and I realized something had bite me…but what?


I live in an apartment, seventh floor…no garden, just a couple of plant pots in my terrace.

So I started to dig into my memory…some days ago I saw a little spider in the corner of my room near my bed.


I call a friend who´s also a doctor in medicine and he prescribe me some ATB and antihistamine, the day after I was a monster, literally, my face swelled and my forehead itched more and more!


All my family and friends were concerned, my mom wanted to start a spider hunting…

that´s me and my older nephew by that time

 here you can see the bite almost healed...yes it was nasty


Me? I was in some kind of slow motion mode...observing, witnessing. 

The bite was in the exact middle of my forehead, right where the third eye lie.

By that time I was playing concerts (yes, I´m a singer, you can listen my cd here) and I always place a bindu in that exact place.

A bindu is a rhinestone you put to point the third eye, you get what I`m talking about ;-) 

How could that possible be a casualty? 

And some way in the middle of this process I understood what the spider bite was showing me:

“Go back to the center, focus on what´s important, don´t forget me…you´re never alone”




It took me more than a month to heal that bite and I have a scar left so I never used my bindu again, a spider gave me one I will never forget and I´m grateful for her service.

 the scar today


And I didn´t allow my mom to hung or kill any spider, and they never bite me again ;-)


My last three days have been complicated, every time something big is coming to my life my sleeping rhythm turns irregular and turns my life upside down, believe me…that´s not fun.

Yesterday while I was drawing this Animal Mandala for September I realized I was drawing my own story, that little spider keeps telling me where to focus…


She whispers…go back to the center my sweet girl, you´re not alone, you can do this.


Finally last night I slept like a baby :-)
 

Have a bright day my dears, we are not alone 
A sweet reminder:
Ghost Girls Class starts in a couple of weeks
book your spot before September 20 and save some money

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Guada's art place / Maira Gall.